SMS to BBC, credit issue & phone damage concern!.

gazmix 16:06 06 Apr 07

Hi
My mobile phone stopped working properly & was sent back by Vodafone to be repaired.

They gave me a link so i could get a progress check on repair etc. I checked the link & it said the problem was a software issue caused by corrupt SMS/MMS or email sent to phone. The kind that can happen when buying ringtones, logos etc!, This i haven't done. But i have been recieving SMS messages from an unusual number that are in 'bold'letters & say WAP PUSH.

I called Vodafone consumer info & told them the number that is pretty long that came to my phone & they said it was linked to '85058' that is the text number you send to BBC radio, when entering a competition or commenting on an issue. This is an 'Auto retrieve message" & an "NUA" number (Reverse charge text message).
Some credit had been removed from my phone, around 15p per text, which arrived in 4 x sets of 3 so 1.80 in all.

I was told to text 'STOP' to 85058 & call a number that is a company that deals with texts to the BBC, called 'Wireless Information'. I called them & went through the options given & apparently now, i won't recieve anymore. I got a free message saying thanks for my 'STOP' message i sent to '85058' & it came from click here

So, how come the BBC are involved with a company that does this & do all people that text the BBC's radio shows get this issue!. I won't be texting the BBC again, as it destroys software in your phone!

Any thoughts on this issue!

Gaz

gazmix 20:47 06 Apr 07

Anyone??
Or is everyone on Easter holiday:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos