Slow broadband

Garthyy 14:58 17 Mar 03

Does anyone else suffer from inconsistent download speeds? I'm with Pipex and sometimes it is quick and other times painfully slow then time outs. It doesn't seem to happen at any specific time either.

No, and i'm with pipex.

€dstow 15:50 17 Mar 03

Remember download speeds are dependent on the other end as well. If they have only pedal power internet access, it will take that much longer no matter what speeds you can achieve.

€d

he he :-)™ 17:59 17 Mar 03

He he...pedal power. :-)

Garthyy 18:21 17 Mar 03

Some sites are quick sometimes then very slow the next time. Could it be the contention ratio?

€dstow 18:23 17 Mar 03

I was thinking really of a hamster wheel generator but my thoughts got a bit mixed up.

I am now imagining someone on a static exercise bike with a dynamo!

€d

Garthyy 19:42 17 Mar 03

Looks like my problem is not taken seriously so maybe I'll just resolve it unresolved!

€dstow 19:52 17 Mar 03

I gave what I thought was a serious answer in my first reply. If that wasn't suitable, I am very sorry.

anchor 15:28 18 Mar 03

I have Pipex ADSL, and find my speeds fine. Sure, some sites are slower to load, (like this one), from time to time, but this is not the fault of Pipex.

Check you speed here:

click here

Irishman 17:59 18 Mar 03

click here
click here
click here

Do a search in the forums in the third link for "Dr TCP". Both myself and my brother had the same problems as you a few months ago and found this programme worked a treat. Also if possible check your phone filters, swap them over and if you have more than one disconnect all the extensions in the house except for the main one. Try and keep a log of when the slowdowns happen so that you can show Pipex support. The second link is to the proper Pipex speedtest site. This is the one support will ask you to check your speed on when you contact them. Try this test at different times of the day.

Garthyy 18:53 18 Mar 03

Thanks for all your help - sorry for being rude yesterday but I felt I was being dismissed. Speed test good must just be slow/busy sites.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…