Slim Digital Camera

john bunyan 09:49 01 Mar 08

My wife wants to replace her Nikon Coolpix 7800 (7Mpix) with a slim version. On "looks" the Nikon S51 is the favourite but.. there are two main criteria for a change 1. The very long shutter delay - The PCA review says this is still there in the S51. 2.Ideally SD cards as storage.It ideally would have at least x3 optical zoom and if poss a lens, like the new Nikon that does not pop out. Any ideas (Must be slim.)(Price £150 - £250)

hssutton 10:16 01 Mar 08

2 for you to look at. My wife uses the Olympus which is a super little camera, but this takes XD.My choice however would be the Panasonic DMC FX33 Black with Sandisk 2GB SD memory card, at £166

click here
click here

hssutton 10:21 01 Mar 08

Sorry I gave the wrong link for the Lumix.

click here

click here

john bunyan 11:22 01 Mar 08

hssutton. Thanks - will look at them.

Rigga 11:58 01 Mar 08

The Sony DSC T series are very slim cameras, I have the original DSC T1 which I find very good as a simple point and shoot take on a night out kind of camera.

Although they don't use SD cards, only Sony's Memory Stick Duo range.

HTH. R

Curio 13:52 01 Mar 08

Another to consider
click here

john bunyan 18:37 01 Mar 08

Thanks everyone. Any views on speed between pressing the shutter and the next shot? That is the big problem with the Nikon and mentioned in the PCA review. I will carefully look at your suggestions.?

anchor 13:10 02 Mar 08

Shutter lag table;

click here

Obviously these results have to considered alongside the overall performance of the camera.

john bunyan 15:57 02 Mar 08

anchor. Thanks for that. Looks like the front runner is the Panasonic DMC FX35 - just available with a few tweaks on the 33. Will look at the others in the shop. Thanks to everyone for the input.JB

Ashrein 22:24 02 Mar 08

I like this from Amazon, click here

Ashrein 22:29 02 Mar 08

See also PC advisor review. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…