Slideshow VCD Software

gobi 14:38 04 May 04

Anybody can recommend any good photo slideshow vcd software? I have tried Nero 6 but am not very satisfied with the image quality. Microsoft Plus Photo Story seems to be OK but it lacks control for slide transition effect. DVD PixPlay v1.11 by far is the best of the three but I want to see whether there is a better alternative before I commit myself to it.

georgemac 16:57 04 May 04

ulead dvd pictureshow2 gives very good quality images on the TV

Curio 17:15 04 May 04

As does Photos on CD & DVD 2.0 by Magix

spuds 20:48 04 May 04

As a matter of interest, I visited my local PC World today, and they have reduced in price a number of Ulead products click here from £19.99 down to £9.99. I purchased the DVD PictureShow Digital Camera Suite which includes Photo Explorer 7.0 Pro and CD Label Maker as a bonus bundle. I think there were six different titles to chose from, so if you have a PCW nearby, it may perhaps be worth a visit.

gobi 22:01 04 May 04

Thanx all. I will try them both this weekend.

pj123 11:33 05 May 04

HP Memories Disk Creator is pretty good as well and it's free from click here and also Slide Show To Go downloadable for $19.95 from click here

spuds 12:11 05 May 04

Should have mentioned, that the link I gave, offers 30 day fully functional free downloads on most, if not all their range of products.

georgemac 15:24 05 May 04

I tried slide show to go but the quality on the TV was poor but was excellent on the PC.

ulead picture to dvd quality was excellent on the TV but poor on the PC?

I had also heard that the HP package was very good

gobi 18:26 05 May 04

Thanx all. I went to Ulead website and truly impressed by its capabilities. Have downloaded the trial version but can only test it this weekend. Kinda of busy this week. I have also checked PCW website to see about the offer but there is no mention of the special price. Might be local promotion.
I also went to Magix website and it is impressive as well. However, there are some negative review on the software stating it has long loading time issue. Downloaded it anyway. Again will test it this weekend.
Never know that HP Memories Disk Creator do vcd slideshow. Will also test it this weekend.
Hmmm.... I can see how my Sunday going to be..

johnnyrocker 18:29 05 May 04

click here

johnny.

pj123 16:55 09 May 04

I still think that Slide Show To Go is the best of the bunch. None of the others that I have tried allow Transitions, ie. fade in, fade out, dissolve and many others. A truly professional slideshow programme and at $19.95 (about £11 = £12) really good value. Try the 30 day trial at click here and see what you think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…