slide and neg scanner

heepster 22:16 19 Sep 05

Amyone recommend a decent scanner for slides and negs flatbed. Been looking at epson 2480 and Hp Scanjet 4890.

Danoh 23:11 19 Sep 05

Has the Digital ICE technology as part of the scanner's hardware; only automated way to spot scratches consistently. Works by separate infra-red scan. Also caters for dust, etc. Also does medium format slides. £176 including p&p from Savastore.com (Watford Electronics), 1st Sept.

I was looking to get the 2580 with the same resolution (2400x4800) as a friends older Epson scanner scanned 35mm slides and negatives very well, although dust and spot removal could be a real pain in use.

As the Epson site does not show a 2580/2480 any more, the thought of buying an obsolete product distracted me onto the Digital ICE technology. As I want to do slides and negs, I might as well go for it. Being able to scan as many negs/slides in one go was also important, and the auto-separation into separate pics a great time saver.

I had intended to get a replacement scanner 2+ yrs ago but things have progressed so fast that I was well under my original budget and have double the resolution plus top-model features.

pj123 14:47 20 Sep 05

I have the Epson Perfection 3170 scanner which is a normal flatbed scanner with facility for scanning negs and slides. I also have a dedicated film scanner from Jessops the 1800U Primefilm Film Scanner. JESFS3600U at £99.99 but it only takes 35mm size.

Jessops film scanner from click here

Epson flatbed scanner from

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…