Skype mesage was not from my son

Ex plorer 17:24 29 Jul 15
Answered

Hi I had a skype message today showing my sons photo. so i assumed it was from him and opened the link he wanted me to see and advise on.

When I clicked the link Avast struck up and blocked whatever it was and I came out of the page.

What ever was blocked a bad site, virus etc. I was saved but if it had been one of his many friends without good AV could have been infected and thats worrying.

Anyone seen this before and what can be done about it.

I did contact him and he says he did not send it.

spuds 00:34 30 Jul 15

Perhaps of little help, but might be worth a read click here

Ex plorer 13:36 30 Jul 15
Answer

Thanks spuds sent the link to him and asked him to change his log in details password photo and name to see if that helps I have tightened skype security at my end and looking into it within skype and Google.

I will let you know how we get on It also happened on the 3rd July his photo and a warning from Avast

Ex plorer 18:42 30 Jul 15

All his devices are ipads including phones although I have done a Google search to see if they can be hacked or get any kind of virus I find the information conflicting, but it would seem its safer to have one of these devices.

I have found other information where the same thing is happening I am trying to find out if there is any protection available for iPads etc.

The only other thing I have told him to do is clear all history etc. and change his password, if I get any more maybe a clean install on his iPad, I passed a link from this site with information on safe browsing.

Maybe the virus is in my laptop or desktop so I may do a clean install as well, I find it all very confusing.

Ex plorer 09:50 01 Aug 15

He changed his photo but I still get the old one on my laptop when he skype's, my desktop has the new photo.

I deleted the laptop skype and down loaded again with new password and still get his old photo, giving up on it now. Ran all virus programs etc. nothing found as I thought it may be in my laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac