Skype headsets...

Stuartli 13:19 13 Mar 05

Those looking for a headset suitable for use with Skype may be surprised at the variation in prices found for the same product.

The Skype website, for instance, suggests you go to Amazon to bu the Plantronics Audio 20 model, where it costs £12.99 plus delivery.

In fact an e-mail today reveals the headset only costs £8.22 from dabs.com and may well be even cheaper at other outlets.

This appears to be the cheapest headset in the range so superior models' pricing may vary even more.

Newuser2 14:52 13 Mar 05

I ordered a Plantronics audio 45 set from Amazon last week they were the best price at £25.99 including delivery. As always it pays to shop around.
No doubt someone will find them cheaper and make my day.

maz2 18:19 13 Mar 05

I'm sure I saw something to do with this on Maplin's although it looked like a telephone

maz2 18:27 13 Mar 05

Knew I had seen it but it's expensive
click here

Stuartli 09:17 14 Mar 05

If you think that's expensive I've seen it at a price that's 50 per cent more than Maplin..:-)

One forum member has already posted that he preferred using the USB phone version to the headset; it's probably because most people are used to holding a phone rather than speaking into a headset mike.

Stuartli 09:42 03 May 05

..I've just spotted a two-phone (USB IP) set on e-Bay for £22.25 that may prove interesting for some people:

click here

Stuartli 09:43 03 May 05

..I've just spotted a two-phone (USB IP) set on e-Bay for £22.25 that may prove interesting for some people:

click here

Newuser2 21:53 04 May 05

I got the Plantronics audio 45 set and have used them with Skype to call the USA and land lines here in the UK. Also use them to listen to music stored on PC.
They work fine with no complaints, just take a few minutes to set the volume on the mic and that's it.

smokingbeagle 02:07 05 May 05

click here
Alternately, wait for a Maplin "sale". I got mine for ~ £25

Stuartli 11:58 05 May 05

The equivalent is still around £10 cheaper on e-Bay - see the same link as above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…