sky tv moan

conrail 10:38 21 Oct 09

not sure if this should be consumer watch or speakers corner, it's just a moan about sky, in july last year I paid £100 for sky +, now out of warranty and the problems start, series link wont work if program set is more than 3 days away, same goes for program info, says not available, keep losing sound so after numerous complains to people who could not care less, I cancelled, 30 days up last night and now wife and I have 12 programs saved on the box and it wont let us watch them, we need to subscibe, same goes for a couple of freeview channels, dave for example, again need to subscribe, lucky we can watch catch up through our pc's, anyway thanks for listening (reading) moan, and again sorry if wrong post.

Ge-orge 10:55 21 Oct 09

Wait and you'll be inundated with offers of a free box or go to Virgin and "rent" the box rather than owning it.

conrail 11:03 21 Oct 09

thsnks Ge-orge, I did contact sky when they were giving free boxes to new customers but they wouldn't part with one, I have tried virgin brfore, and I give them up after a year, have my eyes on a freesat box, click here, add another £50 to get it from comet, so I think I will order this, it will link up to my sky dish

Ge-orge 12:14 21 Oct 09

I suppose it will pay for itself in the long term if you can do without stations that come with a subscription.

I get offers daily of a free sky+ box with free install, the last one even offered £50 to spend at M&S, if I come back to them.

tullie 13:33 21 Oct 09

I suppose freesats ok if you dont like Sport or Movies.

OTT_Buzzard 13:40 21 Oct 09

If you 'play the game' and take out another contract in your wife's name (or your name if you wife held the last contract), Sky will give you the new customer discounts includng a new box.

conrail 14:55 21 Oct 09

thanks tullie but cancelled the movies and sport as we didn't watch them much
also thanks OTT_Buzzard but with their customer service record when I have called them I don't think I will bother again, I had multi room with them, at one time it was two madditionsal rooms, so the freesat box will soon pay for itself.

^wave^ 17:02 21 Oct 09

just tell them you are leaving they will do anything to keep you

have you tried rebooting the box

conrail 20:08 21 Oct 09

thanks for replying wave, one of the problems I have had for a while was rebooting the box, it was a common occurance yet they still wanted to charge me £65 to look at it even when still under warranty

v1asco 09:42 22 Oct 09

I have been with sky just over a year.

I keep getting offers to upgrade to HD but when you look into it, because you are an existing customer it will cost over £200 (49 if not).
I have never been very happy with them, for reasons I can't put my finger on. Perhaps becuse their menus seem rather chunky and I have to wait to watch a movie. Virgin were better but not available in this area.

The changing name trick has worked for friends but recently a relative who had had the same box for years wanted to up grade, she is a widow and sky insisted that it would cost her £209, which she eventually paid. No such thing as a loyalty discount and threatening to leave did not work.

^wave^ 10:38 23 Oct 09

thats odd about the charge i had my box replaced twice in the first year did not cost a penny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…