Sky or O2 broadband

Silverworm 12:55 15 Nov 09

I currently have BT Broadband and am coming to the end of my contract, and I want to switch to either O2 or Sky. They are both £10 a month with 'up to 20mb speeds' and unlimited downloads. After some research it seems that O2 is the better service. However, as i have Sky TV, if I take the the Sky package I will be able to watch live Sky TV on my laptop. As I'm currently at uni (this broadband is for home), this would be very useful.

Is there anyone with Sky broadband who could tell me how the service is? When I'm at home I will also be playing on the PS3 so it must work with that.

ol blueeyes 13:56 15 Nov 09

Well for what it is worth I am just about to change ISP and have decided to go to O2 they seem about the best I've come across and their prices seem OK> Don't forget if you a customer like having one of their mobile phones you get it cheaper.

Silverworm 16:53 15 Nov 09

Yeah I have an O2 mobile so it would be £10 a month for the premium package. I'm trying to decide whether the worse broadband service is worth being able to watch Sky on my laptop.

GaT7 18:28 15 Nov 09

Don't forget cashback with either O2 or Sky to bring down the cost per year even further:

O2: click here / click here

Sky: click here / click here

You need to be registered & logged-in at any one of the above sites, then follow any one of their links to be eligible. G

tullie 08:27 16 Nov 09

If you want to watch Sky on Sky Player dont forget that your computer must be the computer registered with sky to recieve the service and that only one computer can use it at any one time.

Silverworm 15:39 16 Nov 09

Yeah I'll be the only one using Sky Player.

Here the comparison shows that O2 has better speeds, reliability and customer service.

click here

I'm still leaning towards Sky though because it means I get to watch Sky Sports at uni :D

BJN 16:31 16 Nov 09

I've used both ISP's and I'd go for O2 every time, great customer service and speed on unlooped connections. Sky are pants at customer service and there speed is suffering as more connect.

O2 offering first 3 months free and if you go via quidco you can get nearly the first year free if you have a O2 mobile. My advice is if you have a O2 mobile clear your cookies and go via quidco.

My son registered online on a Sunday evening by 1pm the following Friday his internet was up and working. You get text messages at each stage to keep you informed.

Bj

Silverworm 03:42 17 Nov 09

Thanks for that input BJN.

I think I'm going to go for the O2 broadband, and then subscribe for Sky Player Multiroom for £5 a month so I can watch at uni. The £75 cashback would pay for that :D

ol blueeyes 11:58 18 Nov 09

I've just dropped Virgin Cable (they are useless) and gone for O2 and they are Brilliant signed up yesterday 17th) and will be up and running on 23rd. Like others have said they keep you informed at every step of the way either by text, E:Mail or both.
I'm expecting great things.Their organisation certainly is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac