sky channel interference

Harki 01:43 10 Apr 07

Hi, can someone help please? I've just had Sky fitted, was on VM (cable). The Sky enginner was really good, he put the VM ariel directly into the 'TV-in' of the Sky box, so I can get normal terrestial channels (free) from VM as well as my sub with Sky. This is beneficial as the missus or kids can watch independent terrestial channels (as well as the same Sky channel & video channel) on other sets around the home. The cable is then connected from Sky to Video, then from Video to a multi-room splitter and then to the other sets. Problem is, all ariel channels on the TV are clear, but not the Sky channel which has very faint 'zig-zag' lines going through the whole screen. When I remove the ariel cable it is clear. Also on the video channel all the channels and Sky is clear. I am not using any scart cables as my TV set is old and does not have a scart socket. Any help greatly appreciated.

simonjary 06:35 10 Apr 07

Try the Digital World Forum

anchor 17:21 10 Apr 07

It seems apparent that the output frequency from the Sky box is the same, or very close, to a terrestrial broadcast channel.

Does the Sky box have an adjustment for the output frequency?; if so, you would need to make a small change, and re-tune the TV to the new channel.

Harki 22:04 10 Apr 07

Thanks for the reply Anchor. Yes, there ia an adjustment to the Sky box, currently its on channel/frequency '68' which is the highest but I don't know which channel to tune to?

Phphred 22:53 10 Apr 07

TRY 67 IF it is No good keep on trying other Numbers

johnnyrocker 23:59 10 Apr 07

it would appear to be clashing with your cable input so i suggest depending on where you are dropping the output frequency of the box to around 60 which should be ok, as i say depending on your location

johnny

^wave^ 08:53 11 Apr 07

you need to check what else is on your ariel connection ie video recorders etc. one of these might be the culprit. i assume you use a scart for the sky box

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…