hymerman 15:41 05 Dec 08

As I have Sky TV I wonder if it would be beneficial
to take up the "bundle" of phone, broadband and TV
Views please

HondaMan 16:00 05 Dec 08

Depends where you live. Not all areas can get sky broadband

Clapton is God 16:02 05 Dec 08

Depends how much you want to spend.

Also, Sky are not unique in offering a phone, BB and TV package.

Do your research

hymerman 17:24 05 Dec 08

Hi all
I have broadband through "eclipse" at present time.
I do not have cable access, so Sky it is.
My phone is with BT

961 17:31 05 Dec 08

If you have sky tv then their phone package is worth while, retaining your bt line rental

Free for sky customers with free evening and weekend calls (up to 60 mins)

If you have friends abroad or use the phone during the day then their £5 per month phone package (retaining your bt line and rental) gives you free calls to 01 02 03 lines and many european countries (up to 60 mins)

Broadband is a bit different. If your exchange allows local loop unbundling you can get sky broadband cheap. If not, it is no cheaper than other ISPs. Enter your phone no on the sky broadband website and it will tell you what it would cost

Pine Man 17:38 05 Dec 08

'their £5 per month phone package....gives you free calls'

Time and time again we see this sort of statement, it's not free it's £5 per month!!!

961 17:58 05 Dec 08

OK, if it rings your bell..

you pay £5 per month, plus your line rental to BT

you can make all the calls you wish, up to 59 mins each, to any 01 02 03 number, most european places, many other places in the world without any extra charge

If you use click here you can make most other calls to 0845 0870 etc free as well (after your £5 per month fixed charge

Alternatively, you can get all of that free at weekends and in the evenings with no charge at all except the BT line rental

It works for me and, yes, it's £5 per month with all the calls free. Good value

961 18:00 05 Dec 08
  Pine Man 19:37 05 Dec 08

Excellent value, well said.

I get free evening and weekend calls from BT and that costs, mmm, about, mmm, nothing!

hymerman 19:50 05 Dec 08

Well guys it is certainly a thorny problem, just tap in the Sky package and they want £60 upfront to set it up!!
Have to work out how soon I would be in profit and will it be worth the potential hassle. Though so far no one has said avoid such and such a deal.

tullie 21:03 05 Dec 08

If you take line rental with sky,it is only £10

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5