sky broadband any good?

Devil Fish 18:29 02 Mar 08

ok to cut a long story short i am looking to switch from Virgin cable to sky with the package specced out a saving of around £50 pound a month on phone tv and bb

my only query is the reliability and speed of the bb service looking at the 8 meg package

dont download a great deal odd demo and patches the kids use you tube and the like

any comments appreciated

jack 19:52 02 Mar 08

To go internet SKY bought Easynet
Easynet is not a big name in the 'consumer' world as it majors on institutions such as Government and Banks- So on that basis it should be a good one'
But as with other consumer networks no names no packdrill but you could call some of them the 3 T's
they suffer from over popularity
You could take a look a look at some of the smaller operators for example ZEN comes to mind or UKOnline

tullie 19:56 02 Mar 08

Sky Broadband is perfectly ok,i moved from BT,and Sky is as good as any other,dont forget though,that you need to be a Sky subscriber.You wont get it cheaper.

BJN 20:01 02 Mar 08

I've been with Sky Boradband since June 2007, Can't fault the 8 meg package. I'm on a LLU exchange and unlike my previous ISP the connection is rock steady and theres no slow down at peak periods on P2P connectons.

I've 4 other members of my family on Sky Broadband and they all have no problems. It's so easy to setup just plug in supplied router and thats it, even my 78 year old mother setup her own router.

Go for it,

Bj

Doug29 20:32 02 Mar 08

I'm also looking at transferring over to Sky for BB/TV/Phone. It looks a pretty good deal according to what I have researched as long as you don't have to use Sky's customer services too often.

It is going to cost £129 in set up fees. I don't know if I am allowed to do this so on this forum but at the moment you can get £150 cashback from Quidco if you are a new customer

click here

If this is not allowed can the mod delete/ amend this post as appropriate.

Devil Fish 22:05 02 Mar 08

thank you for your feed back

iam aware of the set up costs for sky but the yearly saving on the complete package i have specced will far out weigh it kids sport bb and phone £41 a month currently paying virgin £101 per month the figures speak for themselves

but i did have reservations about the broadband offering

will leave this open until the morning but it does look promising that i will be making the call tomorrow

thank you again

MAT ALAN 22:11 02 Mar 08

BEWARE!!! i subscribed to Sky B/B 8 weeks ago transition was faultless, getting superb line speeds for the MID package.

However, their after sales service and their technical support is about as bad as it gets, they are more than USELESS.

I still cannot login to my home page nor can i use their or the email client i would like to use, shant bore you with all the details so i hope you are one of the lucky ones that it all goes well for....

K_elt 03:00 03 Mar 08

Try looking here for more information specific to sky click here. Should be able to find answers to the questions you're asking and some additional tutorials/guides on getting set up.

K_elt

I Use sky broadband 16MB service , telephone , Tv & Line rental all extremely good.
Had a problem with the original router they sent out but phoned in replaced 24hrs later.
No problems with the service saving £30 a month using all the packages together.

Devil Fish 12:02 03 Mar 08

many thanks for all your coments

overall it looks posotive and the overall savings will cushion any minor irritations im sure

will have a proper look into it all this afternoon

many thanks

D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac