Sky Broadband

Forum Member2 12:03 23 Jul 08

Hi There,

I am an Aol Customer and I want to move to Sky broadband

can anyone tell me if it is any good

MAT ALAN 12:43 23 Jul 08

up to 8meg BB for a fiver, works superbly well for me..

XP Home Firefox3 SP3 (north yorks)...

MAT ALAN 12:47 23 Jul 08

forgot, never drops out and line speed ave. 5.9-6.2

GaT7 12:48 23 Jul 08

If you can get O2 broadband click here, I can highly recommend them - packages click here.

I'm on their 8Mb service for £7.50 per month (I'm an O2 PAYG mobile customer).

£25 cashback if you go through Quidco click here (this made it £5.50 for me).

However, if you're already a Sky customer, or going to get their broadband as a bundle with TV & phone, then that would probably be a better deal. G

dms_05 17:32 23 Jul 08

Sky Broadband is free, as is Sky Talk. Both work well and I can't understand why anyone pays people like BT for such services. I've been on Sky Broadband for 12 months and (a) it was the simplest installation I've ever had, basically just plug the router in and forget the CD (b) the basic service runs at about 1.6Mb/sec (c) it has run without a single problem for 12 months.

I decided recently to upgrade to the Mid service for £5/month and now get 7Mb/sec and 40Gb/month.

On Sky Talk you can pay £5/month and have 24/7 access to UK numbers and 24/7 access to dozens of oversea destinations (USA, Australia, EU etc).

Good independent support sites as well click here

^wave^ 21:57 23 Jul 08

sky broadband is good switched to it in april and so far so good

DrScott 23:00 23 Jul 08

BB is absolutely fine, though if you plan to upgrade your router at some point you have to hack it to find out your ADSL address and password.

You also get no webspace.

It is, though, very cheap and so far reliable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…