sky broadband

mad1234 11:07 24 Aug 06

has anyone signed up for sky broad band?
is it worth having?
i did & was told that they would be in touch within a couple of weeks
i live in the northeast & have been told off a friend that sky broadband won't reach us until mid next year
any info would be appreciated

DrScott 14:09 24 Aug 06

I'm still waiting too. I've been having problems with customer services for my current provider, and Sky will be cheaper for me since I already have Sky for TV viewing.

However, they're not giving much away as to when it will be available where. All I can say is sign up as an interested party, and await the emails!

mad1234 14:43 24 Aug 06

i have signed up as an interested party but haven't heard anything yet

martytoon 12:02 28 Aug 06

I too am in the north east. I've registered with Sky and had a couple of emails from them indicating that it should be available by end 2006 in my area. These are just auto generated emails which are sent to my email address which I used when registering an interest. Sounds daft - but did you give them correct email?

mad1234 12:19 28 Aug 06

i always double check my e-mail address before submitting. i suppose i could register my interest again.

martytoon 18:45 28 Aug 06

Just being doing a bit more research to find out roll out dates. Appears their services rely on LLU which they have partnered with Easynet. At present this is not available on my exchange with no indication as to when it may happen. According to the Sky blurb they aim to have 70% of existing customer base covered by end 2007.

You can check current status of your local exchange click here

Forum Editor 19:01 28 Aug 06

from Speakers Corner to Consumerwatch

Stuartli 19:44 28 Aug 06

It all sounds a bit of a haphazard method of introducing a broadband service to customers.

philly73 21:18 28 Aug 06

i got a reply from sky sometime last week via email i live in birmingham and the reply was 12months

DrScott 23:22 28 Aug 06

I'd sign up with a service which doesn't penalise you for leaving early, and just wait for Sky to reach you. Freedom2surf have a 6 month minimum contract without penalty - if you leave earlier you just have to pay the original connecting fee back: around £49. click here can help you find out more...

TC 17:03 30 Aug 06

I would like to move to sky, but I am having touble getting my MAC code out of Orange.
I have been with the same provider since 2002,
did try and move in 2005, might even have been 2004, but I gave up trying to get my MAC code after, phoning, e-mailing and writing.

TC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac