sky broadband

bluenote 12:59 14 Aug 06

has anyone been connected yet?If so, what is the service like?

bluenote 09:36 15 Aug 06

am I to take from this nobody has been connected yet?

Stuartli 09:57 15 Aug 06

I don't think so - it was only revealed a month ago and the website invites interested subscribers to register...:-)

steve1ooo 10:36 15 Aug 06

i registerd last month and received an email saying they would contact me early august

still waiting though...........

kinger 11:37 15 Aug 06

I've been contacted via email, twice, one with a typo and a second apologising for the typo.

Basically they give details that September will be the start date of any communications from them but it'll be around a year before I can get broadband on their actual network, ie Free!

Before that, it's Sky Connect at £17.50 a month or something.

rodriguez 12:25 15 Aug 06

I also registered and still waiting for an email, but if it's going to be another year I'll just go on Connect as it's still cheaper than what I'm paying now and has more bandwidth.

bluenote 15:54 15 Aug 06

i was also told that i would be contacted early august.i was under the impression that I would be connected sooner rather than later.perhaps not then!

erkmatrix 17:33 15 Aug 06

I'll wait to see what people think of the service first I think, does sound good, but maybe too good to be true

dms05 17:38 15 Aug 06

Rememeber initially it will only be available in some parts of the country. If you are in one of those locations then you should have access fairly quickly, if not then it depends upon when Sky roll out the service to your area. As an existing Sky customer I'll wait until it comes to my area and then have it for 'free' - I'll save £20+ each month by not buying it elsewhere. That's a good enough reason for me.

sirreaoscar 17:44 15 Aug 06

Been contacted & told them i'm not interested.
Then the sales pitch came on how good the service is, sadly the sky worker had not read the bit about Sky taking up to 6 months before putting it in to the local BT exchanges.

I do wonder if it will have the same trouble as Talk-talk has had?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced