Skoda Octavia 2.0 140PD TDI 5Dr Hatch 2005

Giggle n' Bits 19:55 23 Jun 08

This is the 2Ltr 140BHp 5Dr Hatch Elegance model.

Had this card from new Sept 2005, problems, loads of em.
Flat Battery found to be faulty days after delivery, Faulty Rear Windscreen wiper mechanism, Leaking water in Pax front footwell when it rains, new windscreen replaced with new due to crack.
Had 4 breakdown calls at home on drive where it just wouldn't start, only done 12k, Breakdown people say these cars have no electrical faults, and to top everything even though its had its service when required its still only running at say 28 - 32mpg. If I free wheel gets it to 45mpg but not a viable option.

So does or has anyone other forum users here ever had a Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDI since the 2005 revamp.

Any problems?

100andthirty 20:42 23 Jun 08

you might get a bigger range of responses here:

click here

or

click here

Giggle n' Bits 20:54 23 Jun 08

but want to get views from non Skoda Employees if possible. This part of the Forum as I was understood is for talking about anything. Like another Forum user is talking Boilers or MFI etc

Clapton is God 21:26 23 Jun 08

Let me give you a clue.

This website is called PC Advisor.

I think you'll find, therefore, that most discussion points here will be about computers and not cars.

You may be better off at the dedicated Skoda links provided by 100andthirty.

ronalddonald 21:35 23 Jun 08

Do you always post things in the wrong post, i found a post under consumerwatch, that had nothing to do with consumerism. Maybe your chips and bytes are scrambled.

Giggle n' Bits 21:44 23 Jun 08

but why isnt the Forum member asking about Boilers getting grief ?

Starfox 22:39 23 Jun 08

But might not be what you want to hear. My colleague bought a 56 reg 2.0l FSI Elegance Estate from new
click here

and could only manage 18 mpg at best and he is what I consider a light footed driver. he never had any of the problems that you have reported but the car did spend a considerable time back at the dealers with the mpg *problem*.

In the end he exchanged the car for a focus diesel which seems to manage 45 mpg thus showing that it wasn't his driving style causing the low mpg.

MCE2K5 22:56 23 Jun 08

"Yep I agree with you both":

Sorry Chips~&~Bytes, But I don't.

You Bought a Car (Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDI), You have got a few problems with it.

You are, as far as I can tell (Maybe FE will put me right, If I am wrong), Entitled to ask a few Questions regarding your Problems, Be it a Car, Plumbing, Boilers, Fuel Costs, Tesco's Rough Petrol, Service Agreements, Car Breakdown Services, Corsa Automatic Gearboxes, Car Batteries, New Cars and even Kwik-Fit, Plus many more, If only, The "Consumerwatch" "Search Forum" would work Properly, Maybe I could find LOADS of OP's and Questions asking about anything else But Computer Related.

I would have thought (Thicko, That I might Be, As I left School with Zero Qualifications), That, A Forum Called "Consumerwatch", Be it on Whoever's Website, Means, That if you Bought Something off Somebody for £££££'s, That is "consumerism" as 'ronalddonald' Puts it.

Sorry for the Rant, But I IMOP, Thought that 'Chips~&~Bytes' was very badly treated.

Surly he is entitled to an answer, There might be a Skoda owner, Mechanic or even Garage Owner in this very Forum as a Member (You never know).

MCE2K5 23:01 23 Jun 08

p.s.

Have to agree with '100andthirty' also.

May be best. At least, there are plenty of Skoda owners there, Willing to Help.

MCE2K5 23:26 23 Jun 08

'Starfox' came up with an answer while I was typing.

Thankyou Starfox.

jack 08:17 24 Jun 08

O
Nix
nuffin
not for Me
There I broke one of my own rules
But I thought I would just this once,
Just to make my point and if a few more of you did it there would be fewer of them right!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017