ON SITE WARRANTY

tony-205697 10:36 14 Mar 04

I have a mesh matrix s/no 5020669,which has a 3 year on site hardware warranty,that has broken down three times and had the motherboard replaced twice and the PSU replaced once.
Mesh have refused to carry out on site repairs,and stated that the machine needs to be repaired at the workshop.
PC world carry out these kind of repairs on site!
I bought a mesh because the on site warranty is a plus over some other suppliers.
Has anyone else encountered this problem?

WHAT IS COVERED BY THE MESH 3 YEAR ON SITE HARDWARE WARRANTY ( MAINLAND UK ONLY) ?

Forum Editor 10:57 14 Mar 04

at the terms and conditions of the onsite warranty on the Mesh web site
click here# you'll see it clearly stated that motherboard replacements are excluded from being carried out onsite.

If you bought the Mesh because of the onsite warranty I'm surprised that you didn't bother to acquaint yourself with these details first.

spuds 12:15 14 Mar 04

Other posting click here

Forum Editor 12:32 14 Mar 04

you've posted on this topic, and you've already had (in your other thread) what seems to me to be a perfectly reasonable response from Mesh.

You've obviously failed to read the very clear terms of your onsite warranty which, as I've already pointed out, clearly state that motherboards are not replaced on site.

Please don't post any further threads on the same subject.

TBH1 12:58 14 Mar 04

anthony123 - I feel for you mate - -can't see the point of an onsite warranty if it doesn't include the motherboard. That could be a 'cop-out' for all problems - - -"sorry sir, thats a motherboard issue, your gonna have to send it back". You'll know next time I guess - - but that doesn't help you now does it ? bad luck mate.

It's because things like this can happen that i bought my present pc locally. If it had to go in for repair, it's only 10 mins down the road. I had a Mesh previously that had to go back and it was about a month before everything was sorted and a lot of that was waiting for pick up and return.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:35 14 Mar 04

It is not 'bad luck mate'...the T&C are quite clear and if anyone does not read them and then decides to complain then they are at fault. There is some onus on any customer to read the print, it is not rocket science. I fail to see how Mesh can be at fault for adhering to the T&C. There is enough whinging about companies not sticking to the contract, Mesh are and there is still whining....nowt as queer as folk...

G

MESH Support 03:11 15 Mar 04

The biggest problem with a motherboard change onsite is that in order to remove the motherboard, almost all components must be removed in order to access it.

Given that our client base is comprised of many home users and statistically it is the home user that requires the greatest amount of support, the risk of onsite failure is greater when the motherboard is the part to be changed. I'm sure you would agree that the most annoying thing would be for a home user to arrange to take a day off to meet the engineer only to have the engineer attend to replace the motherboard and then have further faults due to the non-workshop conditions. And as the engineer will have limited parts available and dare I say it limited knowledge (no engineer can ever claim to know everything), again the chance of failure is increased.

When the machine is returned to our workshop, a single engineer may work on your machine but in our case that engineer has access to almost unlimited parts and knowledge. Whilst I recognise in your unusual case this is otherwise, it will mean that we can ensure the fault is resolved entirely in one examination. With regards to your case I must remind you again of the difficulty we discussed with you about replicating your fault. With the best intentions we beleived we had resolved the issue and sought your permission to return the PC to you.

I understand the inconviniece you have experienced and hope the above goes someway to explaining our onsite warranty and why we include the reference to the motherboard exclusion for what we beleive to be the client's benefit in the long run.

Davey

Mesh Support

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…