Simply.co.uk 180GXP 120GB Hard Disk Offer 13/2

daviesrc 22:52 28 Feb 03

Wanted to express my sheer dissappointment in simply.co.uk and their lack of care with regards to one of their recent bulletin newsletters (13/2/03) for an IBM 180GXP 120GB 7200rpm 8MB Cache Hard Disk Drive @ 76.99+VAT.

Simply.co.uk acknowledged my order, debited my credit card and subsequently shipped my order, however they did not ship the 8MB Cache version of this Hard Disk Drive but the 2MB Cache version.

Upon immediately contacting customer services was advised that simply.co.uk never had the 8MB Cache version in stock and only stocked the 2MB Cache version.

As far as i'm concerned simply.co.uk have broken the Trade Descriptions Act.

Customers are returning this Hard Disk Drive in droves claimed the customer services representitive, still no apology or any offer made to replace with a similar specification Hard Disk Drive.

Your credit card will be refunded in full upon receipt of the incorrectly supplied Hard Disk Drive I am told, "but I don't want a refund, I want an 8MB version of this Hard Disk Drive", we don't do replacements only refunds.

Thanks for nothing Simply.

One very unhappy simply.co.uk customer.

Anyone else had similar experiences with this particular offer from simply.co.uk?.

Stuartli 13:46 01 Mar 03

Simply appalling....

spuds 15:21 01 Mar 03

If you want to take this matter further, visit your local trading standards, and seek their views.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…