Simply - Refund Charges

nv04ccy 15:06 23 Aug 04

After returning a faulty HP camera with the agreement of Simply Computers and after lengthy phone calls I eventually received a replacemet. Simply will not reimburse me for the cost of the postage. They say that as the camera was on special offer when ordered they don't consider it reasonable to pay for this. Is this a valid reason? I would have thought that the Sale Of Goods Act would cover all the relavent expense.

spuds 16:09 23 Aug 04

Irrespect that the camera was on special offer [The term special offer,doe's not exclude the Sales of Goods Act], you state that the camera was faulty and replaced by Simply. Depending on time scale from when the camera was purchased, to the actual reporting and sending back the faulty item, I would imagine that Simply are being a little bit mean on goodwill and customer relations. If you wish to pursue the matter, then this may help click here But is it going to be worth it,depending of course on how much you were out of pocket, and your determination.

nv04ccy 18:00 23 Aug 04

You are probably right about further action as the camera was a bargain. They are currently a lot dearer on the Simply site. It just seems wrong not to refund the cost when the camera was admitted to be faulty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…