Simply great

FEEBS 09:53 24 Jan 05

I went to Simply Computers website after seeing their advert in PCA, registered with them and placed an order within 15 minutes. The order was received 700 miles away in less than 22 hours. This is excellent service and should be a model for all mail order firms. They deserve a mention in this forum.I suppose the Post Office did well too!

Stuartli 12:58 24 Jan 05

Sounds excellent service but....

700 miles away?

FEEBS 13:19 24 Jan 05

Yes it's about 650 miles from London to 80 miles north of Inverness by road - maybe 700 was a bit optimistic nevertheless still good service at any distance.

Stuartli 15:57 24 Jan 05

Sorry to be pedantic but according to the visitscotland website it's 575 miles by road to Inverness:

click here

Land's End to John O'Groats is 874 miles.

Stuartli 15:59 24 Jan 05

Sorry, you did say 80 miles north of Inverness and not Inverness itself...:-(

Know the area well; even stayed at Skibo several times.

spider9 16:16 24 Jan 05

Simply delivered ontime - but after that was not so hot!
Bought a Canon printer , had an offer of cinema tickets with it, but none arrived - contacted them but they weren't interested, so I gave up (happy with the printer, but never did get to the cinema!!).
However, 10 months later the printer 'died' (had only been home use). Contacted Simply, they ignored me at first, then said I would have to contact Canon direct, tried that - at some expense- but could not get through. Returned to Simply and eventually, and only after I sent a written complaint threatening Small Claim court action did I get replacement parts. Not my favourite retailer!!

FEEBS 16:31 24 Jan 05

Stuartli - Skibo is on the other coast (east coast) to me and isn't as far. Look for Gairloch on the map.
Spider9 - my thread was only concerned with the delivery service - whether the goods are ok and the customer service adequate only time will tell! Here's hoping!

Stuartli 17:45 24 Jan 05

To the best of my knowledge Inverness is still situated on the east coast of Scotland and you drive through going to Skibo...:-)

To quote you: "Yes it's about 650 miles from London to 80 miles north of Inverness by road.."

FEEBS 18:01 24 Jan 05

I'm 80 northwest of Inverness if you are going to be pedantic ie on the West Coast.

bri-an 07:32 25 Jan 05

FEEBS & Stuartli - are you married??
Sounds like me and the wife having one of our normal in-car conversations !
Is this a consumer forum or a travelogue?
ps Last time I was in Inverness 'four and twenty...' had just left for the Ball at Kirriemuir!!

Forum Editor 08:16 25 Jan 05

regardless of whether your distance estimate was a hundred yards out............or was it 150?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…