Simply Computers - poor service warning

nick 14:48 03 Jan 04

A warning to fellow customers…

I ordered a Creative product from Simply a few weeks before Xmas. In the order I specifically requested that I would be contacted if the product could not be supplied in time for 25th December. I received an order acknowledgement as expected. When the product had not arrived after a little over a week I contacted Simply by phone and was advised the product was out of stock!! (Yes it showed in stock when I ordered it and when I was calling to clarify the non delivery.)

Needless to say I advised the telephone operator that the order was cancelled and emailed the sales department, copied to the phone operator and customer service manager, explaining my disappointment and asking for confirmation that the order had been cancelled. I emailed again when I did not receive a response. I am still waiting….

Problems with Simply –
1. Stock information is wrong
2. Requests included in the order (in the box provided by Simply) are ignored
3. Simply blamed Creative in our telephone conversation (supplies may be inadequate but failure to have accurate stock information is Simply’s problem)
4. Most importantly – no response to my 2 mails – not even a simple confirmation that the order is cancelled.

In the meantime I bought a DVD writer and Norton Antivirus from Watford electronics without problem….

To me this is a good lesson in how to turn a small irritation (incorrect stock data) into a really big issue – through failing to communicate.

Forum Editor 18:14 03 Jan 04

And your final sentence sums it up perfectly. Communicating is something that every online retailer should be good at - it's not rocket science, and it's what the internet is there for. Ignoring (or failing to act on) a simple request, made at the time of ordering, is quite frankly a disgrace - I can't think of a single reason for failing to do it, other than sheer inefficiency.

g0slp 18:21 03 Jan 04

to see Simply's reply, if any.

As stated above, if we san't communicate on the 'net, there's no hope!!!

g0slp 18:21 03 Jan 04

Rusty Bullet Hole 18:37 03 Jan 04

I ordered a TFT screen from them a month before Xmas, was told it would be with me in a week. Called them two weeks before Xmas, only to find the lead time for the screen would be April yes April 2004. No one called or E-mailed to let me know this fact, even though I had told them it was an Xmas present. He did ask if I would like to upgrade to the next model, only £110 more, after I stopped laughing I cancelled the order

iscanut2 13:12 05 Jan 04

As we have seen so many times before on these forums..there are good and bad ! I ordered a scanner late last Monday evening on Simply Website...delivered at 8am on the Wednesday morning !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…