Simple Photo/ collage software

Bad Beagle 16:07 03 Nov 06

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a modern XP based software on disc (not download) that will help me to collate my evergrowing photograph collection and do some simple manipulation - crop, straighten, red-eye etc. I would also like to be able to create collages on A4 of photos and text. Until now I have used my very old copy of Microsoft Greetings but it doesn't work brilliantly with XP.

Can anybody recommend a suitable product - I would prefer to buy something that is not overly complex and that comes from a reputable manufacturer - Microsoft are fine by me !

Many thanks

Steve

jack 17:07 03 Nov 06

paint shop pro X about £40 order on line delivery in 2 days or so click here
or Serif, click here
for starters

Bad Beagle 17:48 03 Nov 06

Thank you Jack - this looks pretty ideal. Before I commit anyone with alternative suggestions ?

Danoh 18:13 03 Nov 06

I use Adobe Photo Elements 3 which was bundled with either my Canon cameras or Epson Scanner.

But there are a few free programs, which I have not used personally;
Google's Picassa, GIMP, are 2 for starters.
Others may have used them, or other free s/w, can can comment.

Stuartli 19:23 03 Nov 06

I use Picassa2 for most photo printing purposes and collages are straightforward - what's more it's free.

Stuartli 19:26 03 Nov 06

The photo editing needs are also covered such as red eye in Picasa.

You can download it from here:

click here

and if you don't want to open a Google account there are earlier versions which can be selected instead.

jack 19:28 03 Nov 06

Read the the thread guys on disc software wanted not downloads.

Stuartli 23:54 03 Nov 06

>>Read the the thread guys on disc software wanted not downloads.>>

Actually we have and the answer is that you don't have to pay to get the same results.

Quite simple really.

mymate 18:14 05 Nov 06

I just bought Paint shop Pro x, i recommend it.It does so much and is worth paying for .
I bought it because a guy who comes on this forum made a old picture of his grandad look like new.

Z1100 16:07 06 Nov 06

of all the above and then some more then try before you buy!

I prefer Adobe PSE 4.

Hanx!
K.

I'd recommend Paint Shop Pro!You could pick up an older version very cheaply(if not free on a PC mag!) , see if you like it and then buy Version X if you'd prefer to try first!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…