Simple Cheap Laptop -Which One??

pherpo 20:44 PM 09 Jun 11

My wife wants a simple to operate, cheap laptop mainly for emails, internet access, and photographs. I am no expert but the Acer Aspire 5552 seems suitable and I think it can connect wirelessly to the internet. It`s on offer from Simply Acer for £280, should I buy it for her or is there something considerably better for the same amount?

chub_tor 15:36 PM 10 Jun 11

Persoanally I'm not a fan of Acer so I would recommend something like this Toshiba from ebuyer

sidecar sid 18:56 PM 10 Jun 11

This Dell Inspiron should fit the bill.[Dell ]1

sidecar sid 19:12 PM 10 Jun 11

Try again Dell

pherpo 22:43 PM 10 Jun 11

thanks for the advice both of you. i`m still undecided but will look at your sugestions

JYPX 09:09 AM 11 Jun 11

pherpo - I just bought this.
link textI think it is brilliant for the money! link text Machine is very well built - made in Germany. I added another 2 gig ram for £17. If you want to know any more just ask. Be quick - it is constantly going out of stock. Processor is Intel Dual Core, 2.0 I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued