SIM card backup

shaq01 17:47 17 Aug 04

I would like to create a backup/copy of my phone sim card as I will need to use two different phones - car kit/handheld.

I have seen devices which claim to back up your sim details onto a new card e.g. MOGO sim backup, but wondered if it is possible to use the backup card in the phone. I'm on the Orange network. Vodaphone do have a dual sim card but the tariff rates are nowhere near as good.

Do these backup devices allow you to copy your sim card and use it?

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:36 17 Aug 04

I bought one from Ebuyer for £10. It plugs into a USB and you can back up, alter addresses, check IMEI details etc. click here

shaq01 22:15 17 Aug 04

Thanks Gandalf.

I know that the back up process works but can you use the new SIM card on another phone?

Sans le Sou 22:22 18 Aug 04

I don't think you get a spare card, you just back up your stuff to your computer and put the card back in the phone.

Sans le Sou 22:32 18 Aug 04

If you lose your phone you can restore all your contacts to the new phone, but the new Sim will have a new telephone number, if you have had your phone stolen or you lose it you will not be able to tranfer the PAC number as the old number will be compromised. Or am I talking a load of cobblers?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…