Silver drives where are they??

jbp1982 14:50 07 Mar 05

I am not able to buy online, no cards! I have looked in PC World, Argos and Currys and so on for a silver dvdrom/cd rewriter drive but all I can find are beige.

Any suggestions??

bare in mind I am in belfast.

byfordr 15:00 07 Mar 05

Look for a MSI drive...they normally contain 3 different colour front bezels. Black, beige and silver.

R

Totally-braindead 19:37 07 Mar 05

Since you can't buy on line I'm afraid the only suggestion I have for you is to see if you have a friendly local PC shop somewhere about. Outfit yourself with details of 3 or 4 drives which come in the colour you wish and see if the local shop can get one for you. Many small shops will, as they deal in small orders anyway so its not too differcult for them to get 1 extra cdwriter. The reason I suggest taking a list of 3 or 4 writers is a couple of the local shops near me can only get certain makes/models. Or how about giving cash to a mate with a card and asking him/her to get it for you.

Rayuk 19:37 07 Mar 05

Aopen Chameleon 52x32x52x16 combo drive has black silver and beige plates try
click here or if its a dvd/rw they have the NEC3520 in silver

TomJerry 19:54 07 Mar 05

if you do not use CC and phone them

JonnyTub 21:04 07 Mar 05

I had the same problem, no suppliers near me stocked the silver panels - needed a quick solution so i popped the front cover off and sprayed it with silver metallic spray(2 undercoat - 4 silver coats + sanding in between sprays), looks great.

ade.h 22:35 07 Mar 05

I've just done the same thing to two old drives that are now black to match a new case. I couldn't recommend it for a new purchase, however, as it's almost certain to affect the warranty.

jbp1982 22:46 07 Mar 05

I have a silver Lite On drive that I wanna change for a better one, it feels rubbish, not good quality. Nero stalls when finalizing the disks, and I have to restart the machine to stop the LED on the drive blinking and get the disk back.

JonnyTub 23:06 07 Mar 05

agreed, not to be attempted unless your willing to take the risk

TomJerry 23:38 07 Mar 05

try to get replacement if it is under warrenty

litone drivers are normally very high quality, I have two (811s and 1653s) and very satisfy with them

jbp1982 23:46 07 Mar 05

I have the 1653s and a 167t. A family member has the same problem with all three of his lite ons. Ya need to restart to get the disk back, its burned alright mind you, and its not all the time this happens, infrequent but down right annoying.

he has 1653s and two other lite on cd writers not sure of model numbers. he has his flashed with new firmware: I don't.

My nero reloaded 6 is fully up to date as is his.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…