Shuttle XPC Any Experience?

skythepig 14:21 26 Feb 03

Thinking of doing a build my own using a Shuttle XPC bare bones system with Athlon XP 2700+, 512mb DDR, 120GB HDD, DVD RW etc Also thinking of adding Radeon 9700 Pro. Although they have their own cooling pipe system I am still concerned about the amout of heat this will produce in such a small form factor. Does anyone have experience of these cases?

dubnium 16:11 26 Feb 03

No personal experience of this but have also been thinking about a Shuttle xpc.

A review of the Shuttle SN41G2 that looks heat, noise, pro - cons, benchmarks, etc. is at tomshardware, click here

Don't be put off by this review Toms Hardware reviews can be a little critical of any minor bad points.

and another about putting together a bare bones Shuttle click here for use in a living room.

PS I've been a long time lerker on PCA, this is my first post. Hope links work :)

skythepig 17:48 26 Feb 03

Thanks for the info your links work fine...Noise seems to be a problem with the fan?? Not good in the front room next to the TV.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…