should motherboard driver cd be supplied

mettis 17:06 02 Oct 05

Bought a barebones system for upgrading.came without manual and motherboard driver cd.manual no problem but motherboard driver cd also contains various software utilities to obtain extra functions.Supplier claims cd is not supplied with a barebones system.can anyone advise if this is correct

Keithrow 17:18 02 Oct 05

If it's any consolation, I didn't receive on with my system and it couldn't be termed 'bare bone'. I looked on the internet and found all the information I wanted, including drivers and software. Keith

Belatucadrus 17:20 02 Oct 05

Never heard of anybody sending a PC out without the driver disk, but presume the supplier is within his rights to define what he means by "barebones system" it being a fairly vague term.
I'd suggest using Everest click here to identify all the bits and hit the manufacturers website to download driver copies ASAP.

Stuartli 18:21 02 Oct 05

The last BareBones system I bought (on behalf of a friend) was an Asus Terminater from Scan of Bolton and it came with a motherboard CD-ROM containing a host of drivers and utilities, plus a comprehensive manual.

Since then I've done any updates required direct from the Asus website.

De Marcus™ 18:28 02 Oct 05

If it's being sold as new from a retailer it should be supplied with motherboard driver cd.

De Marcus™ 18:28 02 Oct 05

Otherwise it's not fit for it's purpose.

Totally-braindead 18:46 02 Oct 05

I bought a Novatech barebones package and it came with the motherboard CD. I too have not heard of one not being supplied.

Arnie 19:09 02 Oct 05

Please tell us who the supplier was, so others can check whether they too will be denied the CDs and manuals to which they are entitled.

This may improve the company's service. Otherwise, caveat emptor.

I have built three barebones systems from Novatech.
All came with CDs and all documentation.

mettis 14:31 04 Oct 05

This barebones system was supplied by ARIA and their customer support states that barebones systems are not supplied with motherboaed driver cd

pj123 15:19 04 Oct 05

Yes. All the "barebones" or "Bundles" as we call them are complete with the Motherboard driver CD and manual. You have to put the thing together yourself and add any extras you want. click here

but you are not left in the dark. If you have any problems talk to us and we will fix it for you.

De Marcus™ 15:25 04 Oct 05

Well we can help as pj123 suggests and find all the relevant drivers, but what would you do if you didn't have a working pc with an internet connection already I wonder. I can't help but feel aria are fobbing you off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…