Should I Buy a Dell Inspiron 1150 for £699

Price include DVD writer but don't know which format it writes. Want to be able to watch recorded DVDs on standard DVD player so, presumably would need DVD- format.

Comments on product, and manufacturer would be appreciated.

byfordr 15:44 09 Jun 04

Not bad deals on Dell at the moment. Double memory promotion finishes today (well worth having, expensive to do you self) What do you want to use the pc for?

byfordr 19:49 09 Jun 04

What specs? If its the dell on this link click here you may do better getting a external dvd drive. (Not as portable, but the laptop is heavy anyway) The internal dvd copier is slow, expensive and doesn't cover all formats. The double memory does apply to laptops as well (last day today) What do you want to do with it?

byfordr 19:51 09 Jun 04

The InspironTM 5150 seems to have a lot better specs for £100 more (no dvd copier)

Thanks for the comments byfordr. You have pretty much confirmed my own thoughts. It looks as though it will be a better proposition for me to add a DVD writer to my desktop PC, and choose a laptop on its own merits.

That Bloke 16:45 10 Jun 04

It is well worth keeping an eye on the Dell Outlet for a while if you are not desperate. You can pick up some very good bargains.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…