Short contract broadband ISP`s

anchor 15:52 06 Mar 06

A friend intends moving from London to Wales in about 6 months. Naturally, he does not wish to be tied into a 12 month contract, but would like broadband now; (he is still on 56k dial-up).

Any recommendations or suggestions?.

Stuartli 16:17 06 Mar 06

Some possibilities:

click here

click here

Some useful advice near the end of this link:

click here

spuds 16:21 06 Mar 06

Tiscali have or did have a let out clause on their original twelve month contracts. Move house to another location, where you cannot take or transfer your existing telephone number with you!!.

Stuartli 16:32 06 Mar 06

Tiscali is mentioned in the final link I mentioned.

pj123 18:11 06 Mar 06

Virgin do no contract deals:

click here

Or you could have a look at some of these PAYG Broadband deals.

click here

and another PAYG BB click here

pj123 18:12 06 Mar 06

Sorry Stuartli, overlapped one of your links.

peonfilms 18:22 06 Mar 06

A friend of mine uses Eclipse. Been with them a year and had no problems. They having a monthly rolling contract. £14.99 for 2Mb connection and at the moment they'll let you try for free.

ade.h 18:50 06 Mar 06

Freedom 2 Surf, like Virgin, avoids contracts. And happens to be one of the best around, especially if you live in an 8Mbit area.

heine otto 20:30 06 Mar 06

It's true that Virgin don't have a 12 month contract, however if you cancel within the first 12 months you need to give 30 days notice and a 50 pounds administration fee can apply.

Saying that, I am with Virgin and have no complaints about the service.

Have also just realised that my keyboard doesn't do pound signs. Most odd - off to look in my settings.

Djohn 20:54 06 Mar 06

click here [Zen] do a month by month contract and their new MaxADSL service is superb at 8Mb if your exchange is enabled to take this speed, some are and quite a lot more by the end of the month. They also only require 14 days notice of cancellation, not a month.

If you move house they will move your connection free of charge for you, give them enough notice and they will have it up and running the day you move into your new home.

anchor 09:44 07 Mar 06

Thank you all for your replies!.

heine otto: Do you know if Virgin would allow the transfer of their service to my friend's new home in Wales, without paying the £50 fee?.

spuds: It appears that Tiscali still do.

"We will not charge for moving your broadband service to another premises/telephone number".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…