Shops Overcharging

bocat_0 16:55 21 Jul 08

My mum was telling me her friend (who is 70+) was charge £5.18 for 6 eggs (just normal eggs not even free range!).

She bought them from her local shop (well one of those grocery/money wiring shops).

Are they allowed to charge this much?

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:00 21 Jul 08

I think your friend may be taking the mickey out of you or your friend is a bit gullible. Shops can charge what they want and if people are dim enough to pay the price, then so be it.

G

cluckinbell 17:06 21 Jul 08

Are they allowed to charge this much?

Shops can charge whatever the market can support, if people were willing to pay £100 for a dozen eggs they would charge that.

peter99co 17:42 21 Jul 08

Why don't you visit the shop and see for yourself. It maybe that the shop took advantage of an old lady. It does sound a tad expensive>

Arnie 14:05 23 Jul 08

"Why don't you visit the shop and see for yourself."

Good advice peter99co, but make sure bocat_0 that your mum's friend takes the receipt with her.

Covergirl 12:42 24 Jul 08

. . . don't appear to go together.

Not even our local (big chains) Spar and Mills issue receipts - unless you ask for one in advance I guess.

I think someone has made a mistake here - probably more likely shortchanged - could be an error eitherway - lady hands over £5 thinks its £10 or vice versa.

Arnie 13:29 24 Jul 08

"Not even our local (big chains) Spar and Mills issue receipts - unless you ask for one in advance I guess."

That really surprises me. Even our local Poundland shop issues a receipt. They are good quality printed ones too, unlike some large companies' ones.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced