SHOPPING ONLINE NON RECEIPT OF GOODS ETC

SANAP 16:54 21 Apr 09

I placed an order for goods on 26 March 2009 and got an email to say order was placed and money taken but as of today I have received nothing. The site looks very professional so I rang phone line, address is Manchester, phone rang out to an answering system and I was asked to leave order details and a telephone no. Which I did. I was also told I could enquire via website and email. I did both and got an acknowledgement but as of today not a squeak. I was ordering clothes line etc but this is the first time I have ever encountered difficulties. MINKY was the brand name.

I paid by cc so may get money back but how do I go about reporting site and stoping others getting hoodwinked, if that is in fact the case?

sanap

Stuartli 17:40 21 Apr 09

Is this the company?

click here

Argos sells products under this brand name:

click here

birdface 17:51 21 Apr 09

probably this one.

click here

OTT_Buzzard 18:01 21 Apr 09

Was looking at that - displaying the "By appointment' crest in the top-right. SHould be easy enough to check if its ligit?

OTT_Buzzard 18:04 21 Apr 09

Vale Mill (Rochdale) Limited (trading name of minky) doesn't seem to be on this list (don;t know how up to date it is) click here

SANAP 18:05 21 Apr 09

its the last one and it looked ok etc. the email comes from alfresia.com.

a right pain.

sanap

OTT_Buzzard 18:20 21 Apr 09

Bizarrely similar details for both companies (Vale Mill & Alfresia). Both in Rochdale. One in "John Street" the other in "Smith Street" !!!

Stuartli 20:13 21 Apr 09

Address here is Bentley Street (might be useful websites for you):

click here-(Rochdale)-Ltd_OL12-6EU

click here-(ROCHDALE)-LIMITED.html

click here

click here

Also see item number 128 in this link:

click here+(Rochdale)+Limited&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

I'm wondering if Vale Mill is some form of trading/business estate?

Stuartli 20:21 21 Apr 09

Kingsway Business Park appears to be the company managing the estate.

Woolwell 20:23 21 Apr 09

The Minky website in very faint font lists Robinson St, Oldham. Looking at Google map satellite view it appears to be warehouse type op.

OTT_Buzzard 20:49 21 Apr 09

and right at the bottom of teh page, in almost impossible-to-read text is:

Vale Mill (Rochdale) Ltd. registered in England, Registration Number - 365230
Registered Address - Vale Mill (Rochdale) Ltd., Robinson Street, Rochdale, Lancashire OL16 1TA
Minky is a trading name of Vale Mill (Rochdale) Ltd.

This is not the address that they are actually registered to though!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…