Shopping on line,Amazon& EBuyers return policies .

rewired 15:14 10 Jul 04

After a long and virtual trouble free run of buying on the net I have for the first time run up against the dreaded "Return Policies".
Two duff kv switches from EBuyer and a router that didn,t do what it said on the box from Amazon have left me over £26.00 out of pocket, complying as I did by insuring all parcels etc.
So,what have other people in the same situation done? Or perhaps more to the point what can be done that won,t leave me even more angry and frustrated ? ( Oh No ! not P.C World )

spuds 15:37 10 Jul 04

If the items were faulty on arrival and proved 'not fit for the purpose'within the terms of the Sales of Goods Act and the Distance Selling Act, then I would make a claim against the retailers for your out of pocket expences.

According to the OFT: If the goods are not what you ordered or the goods are faulty. Then you are entitled to a full refund- and the trader pays the cost of return. If the trader asks you to return the goods in a certain way, then it is their responsibility to cover that cost.

georgemac 08:45 11 Jul 04

Ebuyer - they always have provided me with a return postage refund, but I always ask via the enote system first how I should send it back, and what do they need me to do (usually put the postage receipt inside the parcel) to ensure they refund the costs.

It's a bit of a pain putting the receipt inside the parcel, as you have to finally seal it at the post office.

rewired 09:11 11 Jul 04

Thanks for your thoughts guys I,ll post any success or otherwise.

byfordr 23:44 11 Jul 04

Found both companies have pretty good returns methods (slightly more hassle with ebuyer but they get there in the end)

May be worth asking Amazon to refund your costs via email...the times I have they have always come through with a refund.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…