Shoddy Carrera service and goods

ctaardvark 18:58 01 Sep 04

So I am not the only one then. Having bought a C-Box Pro in February I have had nothing but trouble with Carrera

Repeated phone calls trying to get hold of people.

Being put on hold for periods of up to 30 minutes (whilst listening to them brag that they are the country's leading supplier)

A PC which works for a few weeks and then either fails completely or bits of it fail (the DVD player failed twice - once the day after the engineer had replaced it!)

Engineer visits cancelled by Repair Line and then rescheduled without my knowledge.

Being given a false name by a Repair Line engineer.

Now the machine has slowed to a crawl and I am totally fed up. I have asked for a refund but Mark Johansen refused point blank saying I had had use out of it. He even had the cheek to say I would be charged for a repair.

Has anybody taken them to court and succeeded? Is there any way I can get my money back?

HXP 00:01 04 Sep 04

Hi

I had quite a few problems with my 2 day old Carrera machine. I was helped out by a chap called Davey White who is one of the senior members of staff on the support side.

Stick with it they were really helpful once they got moving.

As always try to getting their help as nicely as you can - I know there are some long waits which wind you up (they did me).

At the same time give your local trading standards a ring - not to report a problem - but just to confirm your right to a refund although if you accept a repair initially I think it reduces your refund options - anyway check with them.

Stick with them if you can I am (touch wood) happy with my machine once it was fixed.

HXP

spuds 13:39 04 Sep 04

HXP..I could be wrong, but is Davey White not Mesh!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…