Shipping charges to France

Sapins 12:33 09 Oct 05

I have in the past complained about these charges but the latest one has taken my breath away.

A new quarterly magazine, Active Home, was advertised in another publication so I enquired about the cost of subscribing.

The magazine costs £2-99 and the shipping charge is THIRTEEN POUNDS 50P.

Needless to say I have ordered subscriptions for all my friends as well!

jimmybond 13:23 09 Oct 05

boeuf a la mode!

pj123 13:57 09 Oct 05

Bit like this then. A mains cable available on the internet from 3 different companies.

Cable £1.76 postage £11.69 and that's within the UK.

I can go to my local electrical shop (half a mile) and get a mains cable for 99p.

Probably work out cheaper for you to go to Folkestone every 3 months and buy it in the local newsagent.

Alternatively, send me your money (Euros if you like) and I will buy it for you and send it out at the postage cost price.

spuds 14:21 09 Oct 05

Shipping charges seem to have a world of their own. Recently I have purchased a number of items from the USA,Hong Kong and Germany. Not only were the handling/carriage rates cheap, but the items arrived within a few days, all safe and sound.Even went through customs without any hitches.The largest two items came from Germany weighed 21kg each and were delivered by UPS within three days for £19.99 each. A similar item ordered in the UK was delivered by a well known daily UK courier company for £21.00 including compulsory insurance, and their journey was approximately 33 miles from supplier to me.

Sapins 09:42 15 Oct 05

Just had a reply from the magazine, they say there have been problems and the charges will be reviewed, meanwhile they are going to send me a free copy, no P&P charge either.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…