Serial ATA vs ATA 133

Wellpastit 20:27 25 Mar 04

I'm checking out new motherboards etc, and will use the newer Serial ATA Hard Drives if they are suitable.
I know they are faster than the ATA 133, but I have just read they are more suitable for storage.
Does this mean that a ATA 133 Hard Drive should still be used for the primary partition.
And is it harder is it to format and partition the Serial ATA hard drives.
I use Power Quest Drive Image, and Partition Magic?

ade.h 21:19 25 Mar 04

S-ATA is probably not worth it, at least not yet. 133mbps versus 150mbps - not much in it really, and I have read that S-ATA doesn't really achieve the full 150 here in the real world, just as 133 doesn't often give 100%, so don't feel like you're missing out. You may want to consider S-ATA if you plan to use two or more disks, perhaps in a RAID arrangement. click here is your first stop for more info. click here is aslo worth a read.

ade.h 21:20 25 Mar 04

aslo?! I mean also...

Wellpastit 11:07 26 Mar 04

I copy Video to Hard Drive and wanted the fastest write times. But using ATA 100 seems to cope, so I'll just update to 133 on this new rebuild. Checked out the web addresses and added to Favourites - Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…