seperates or a multifunction

Rebanut 12:26 29 Jun 03

Has anyone got any views on the pros and cons of
buying a seperate scanner and printer or going for a multifunction device for example the Lexmark X85, I would prefer the one box but am I compromising quality.
Many thanks.

-pops- 12:40 29 Jun 03

I know people will disagree with me but it does remain true that with an all-in-one system, if one part goes wrong you've lost the lot.

The people who disagree say that it is unlikely that they go wrong but, they do go wrong - I've known it happen.

Brian

DieSse 12:51 29 Jun 03

You don't need to compromise on quality, all-in-ones are everybit as good, in general, as the equivalent separates. You save space, but as -pops- points out, can lose out if one part goes wrong.

Look at the HP 1205 and 1210 for top quality budget all-in-ones - the 1205 recenty had a best buy rating with some other magazine, rated very much higher than the Lexmark, at a very similar price.

SEASHANTY 15:10 29 Jun 03

Just bear in mind. Check out the cost of replacement cartridges before buying a multifunction device. You probably will not see any mention of this - either viewing in a store or in advertisments detailing the wondrous features of these machines.

Rebanut 16:48 29 Jun 03

Many thanks to all, I was mainly asking because of an advert in todays paper from PCW with the
Lexmark X85 at £69 which I thought was a bargain.

Thanks again

pj123 17:26 29 Jun 03

You may think that the printer is a bargain at that price. But that is what Lexmark want you to think. Check out the replacement ink cartridges, which can cost you up to £50, not cost effective.
Go for an epson printer with replacement ink cartridges at a maximum of £5.00 from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…