Selling software - where?

Buachail Mór 15:57 23 Mar 03

Where should I go to sell a Windows ME OEM cd and how much should I expect for it? It came with a pc a couple of years ago but I replaced it with Win98 SE because of hardware compatibility issues. Can any of the auction sites be recommended? Thanks, Wayne.

A15 16:36 23 Mar 03

I have sold some software through Ebay. Never had any problems. As to price, look at some of the other postings for an idea.

Buachail Mór 22:18 23 Mar 03

Thanks, I may give it a go.

Any other suggestions?

spuds 22:49 23 Mar 03

Try your local newspaper, someone in your area maybe seeking a copy of WME.Check the selling price via eBay.

Buachail Mór 08:54 24 Mar 03

OK - I'll have a look on ebay and maybe a note in the newsagents window. She gives the £3 per ad to charity so at least it will help someone, even if I don't sell it.

€dstow 09:09 24 Mar 03

Not wishing to be a wet blanket on this but do you have the right to sell it?

If the disk was supplied with a computer, as an OEM item it belongs to the computer it was sold with and should not be used on any other system.

Even though you may not use the disk now, the agreement you signed up to when you originally set the system up is still valid and that agreement says that you use that version of Windows only on the computer it was supplied with.

If you do sell it, make sure it's to someone who won't shop you! Also, don't forget to give the product key with it.

€d

Buachail Mór 10:16 24 Mar 03

€dstow - I had not realised that was an implication of OEM software. In that case the WinME CD can stay here - and go when the pc is going.

Thanks for the warning. Wayne.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…