//some 3rd party need geo

Selling software

Sapins 21:00 16 Apr 04

Hi all,

I regularly get an e-mail from Amazon asking if I would like to sell some of the items I have bought from them. If I have some software which I have installed and registered can I sell it and what do I do about the registration?

I presume I must uninstall it before selling it on.

Regards,

Sapins.

ade.h 22:41 16 Apr 04

What you can do with any software re: selling it on may be mentioned in the license agreement. You may well have a copy stored on your PC in the relevant program folder; if not, check the company website. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be breaking any laws (the FE will know more about the legal stuff) but the new owner's ability to register and use the software could be affected.

Sapins 08:15 17 Apr 04

Hi ade.h Thanks for your reply, it is the registration issue I am concerned about. Amazon make no mention of this when they offer you the chance to re-sell software. I'll have a look at the relevant agreements and/or web sites.

Forum Editor 12:26 17 Apr 04

to resell your software licence, provided you uninstall the program from your own computer.

You lose your 'right to use' under the terms of the licence at the time of the sale.

spuds 13:44 17 Apr 04

Sapins- Don't forget though, that the price that Amazon may offer you, will not be the price that you paid,or perhaps anywhere near it, as they will need to make a further profit on this sale. If you want to 'offload' your software, I would consider a private sale route.

Sapins 17:16 17 Apr 04

Thanks for the replies everyone, I will probably sell any surplus software privately.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…