Selling Laptop, How much for?

rickf 18:01 28 Oct 04

HI,
I am thinking of selling my Medion/Cybercom MD2552. Laptop. Please help me price it with suggestions.
Specs: Mobile Intel P4 2.0 GHz,nVidia GeForce4 440 Go graphics with 64mb DDR,15.2 Widescreen TFT,1280x854,Combo DVD+CDRW, Int 56k V90 modem, 10/100Mbit Lan, 512mb DDR, 40g H/D, 16 bit sound chip, 2 internal speakers and integrated Subwoofer, etc, Win XP Home + software.
THis model has an independent CD player to the left of the laptop.This is in mint condition and hardly used.
Any suggestions appreciated as I am probably putting it up on Ebay next week. Thanks in advance. Sorry its a bit long to read.

Forum Editor 18:35 28 Oct 04

to make suggestions for fear that someone will sell their machine and then find an identical one for sale at a higher price. ("Thanks for nothing FE"), so I don't so it.

Why don't you take a look at some second-hand laptop sites and get a feel for the selling prices of machines with a similar spec?

Here's one to start you off

click here

vador 18:47 28 Oct 04

As previously stated best bet is to monitor similar items on auction websites, the only advise I would give is set a reserve price around the minimum you would be prepared to sell. Setting NO reserve is a risk but it tends to get people bidding. An alternative is to ask yourself what would you be realistically be prepared to buy it for were you looking to buy, and advertise at that price - you may get lucky.

rickf 18:48 28 Oct 04

Thanks FE, my difficulty is that this is almost new as I hardly used it at all and have been kept in pristine condition. Let's see if others will make some suggestions.

rickf 18:49 28 Oct 04

and thanks too vador.

wee eddie 22:21 28 Oct 04

Like cars, computers drop in value by about 20% to 30% as they arrive on your desk.

Unfortunately its condition is hardly relevant. much more so is it's specification.

Having kept it it in pristine condition, I hope you're not too disappointed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009