Security products review

mooly 12:38 31 Dec 09

Interesting reading here :)
click here

Forum Editor 12:42 31 Dec 09

from Speakers Corner.

Woolwell 12:57 31 Dec 09

Very interesting. Surprised to see Norton so low.

sunnystaines 14:29 31 Dec 09

did any security company sponsor the test?

a kick in the teeth for norton.

AL47 14:59 31 Dec 09

im happy with avast! :)

961 15:32 31 Dec 09

This really is worth reading

But it does drive you to install one of these, bcause most of them do the business, more or less

But it continues to amaze me how many computer users have NONE of these!

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:58 31 Dec 09

Always suspected that NOD32 was a waste of money.

G

sunnystaines 08:34 01 Jan 10

what is odd is that norton get gold in another of their reports

mooly 09:17 01 Jan 10

I'm still finding Microsofts offering excellent...

Sunnystaines... I agree, and find you can take half a dozen different reviews and come up with half a dozen different results.
I commented on this once before about MSE and it's "reported" lack of behavioral monitoring, and it seems that the way certain tests are carried out is open to interpretation...

There's good and bad in all, and MSE continues to impress because it causes no noticable impact on performance.

sunnystaines 10:30 01 Jan 10

i'm using norton, but i think MSE would now be my second choice if i moved.

mooly 11:55 01 Jan 10

Something else I really like about MSE, is that it is (or promises at any rate) not to have issues that always cropped up on "removing" old versions etc of other products... it's in all respects, just like a built in windows feature that integrates perfectly.
I have never tried Norton so have no direct experience, but I fell out big time with FSecure as it "broke" certain key Vista features... a point fully accepted and acknowledged by FS, but they were unable to come up with any fixes.
And the other huge huge plus for MSE... the speed... it's like having no AV installed most of the time... no hit on performance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009