Security package A/V component stopped working- Now it seems....

SparkyJack 15:07 PM 25 Jun 11

Al ong live chat to support resulted in a download of a 30 day trial package to get back in,which will have to be purchased -instead of a repair. The point of this is that the system has been in for some years on a regular update and an annual subscription through my E-purchase credit card.

Now if I accept this trial [It does have features the existing one does not have] Will I be be billed twice ? once for the old and once more for the new. Conversation with the CC company intimate this is not like a regular Current A/C DD set up.

So how can the old be stopped?

chub_tor 15:59 PM 25 Jun 11

Is the annual subscription for the existing Security Package made via a Direct Debit on your E-purchase Credit Card? If so you can cancel that Direst Debit and take out a new one for your new software. If the original was taken out as a monthly payment on an annual contract then you may have cancellation charges.

But I would question why you are paying anything at all for a Security Package, there is enough information available on this forum to suggest good security for free.

SparkyJack 10:19 AM 26 Jun 11

'But I would question why you are paying anything at all for a Security Package, there is enough information available on this forum to suggest good security for free.'

Fair comment club tor - but old habits perhaps- also its the one the works so why faff around?

As for Credit cards, discussion with the company suggested that DD on credit cards are 'called' some thing else - forgotten what - but it appears you have to instruct the claimant to stop rather than the CC co.

A further chat with another operator sueemed to suggest that a bouble billing would not happen.

We shall haveto be vigilant and watch things closely

chub_tor 12:28 PM 26 Jun 11

It sounds as if you have a Recurring Payment

SparkyJack 17:40 PM 26 Jun 11

Thats the one

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay