Second hand guide price?

De Marcus 22:03 08 Jul 05

Hi all, my sister's son has just ordered his new dell pc and is wanting to sell his old one to recoup some of the cost. We can't between the three of us decide what it's worth and I was wondering what you good people thought. I've warned them that it isn't going to be a fraction of what they paid for it and are aware of that.
The pc will be advertised in the local rag as I think this is where he'll get the most cash back from.

Here goes:

Amd Athlon XP 2600+, 140 Gb Hard Drive, 512mb DDR 400 Memory, GeForce FX5600 Graphics, Optorite Multi-Format DVD/CD Rewriter, Front Panel Adjustable temperature read out Display, 8x USB2 Ports, 6xFirewire Ports, Front Panel Card Reader, Floppy Drive, Pci-Ide Raid expansion Card, 5.1 Surround sound (onboard), TV/FM radio Card with remote control. Water cooled Q-Tec Heatsink. 10/100 Lan, Internet Ready, Rounded Silver IDE Cables, All Housed in a server case with plenty of room for additional devices. 17” Neovo TFT (glass fronted/tinted) with S-video, DVI and VGA connections, Speakers.

Any clues or pointers, this is the first pc we've wanted to sell as all the rest get gobbled up by family.

Pooke 22:25 08 Jul 05

£400 asking price, accept £300 to £350.

That's what I would do myself.

De Marcus 22:29 08 Jul 05

£350 is about what i predicted, just not sure whether it's realistic to expect that from the local rag. I suppose we could try it and find out.

Charence 22:31 08 Jul 05

before you hand over the computer to the buyer, remember to remove all of your personal data!

De Marcus 22:35 08 Jul 05

It's been done but thanks for the heads up, as a matter of fact we've stripped out a few of the bits which were too good to sell and put in generic parts.

We took out 2gb of kingston dual channel mem, a geforce 6600 and a pioner dvr 109. All replaced with bits we had lying around such as generic mem and the geforce, etc.

De Marcus 22:54 08 Jul 05

Just got off the phone and we've agreed to put it in for £375 ono with £325 being our bottom line. Thanks for the input guys.

Pooke 23:07 08 Jul 05

When ya flog it post back with what ya get, I'm curious to know.

Pooke

De Marcus 23:08 08 Jul 05

Will do.

De Marcus 21:37 09 Jul 05

Well Pooke, it went for £400, we decided that while we were waiting for the ad to appear (early next week) we would put an advert in the local corner shop for £400 ono and try our luck, amazingly it went within 5 hours of putting the poster up!! And we could of sold it twice over. My nephew is one happy bunny.

Thanks all.

De Marcus 21:39 09 Jul 05

Forgot to mention we threw a lexmark Z13 into the bargain.

Pooke 21:42 09 Jul 05

Cool.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…