SD Cards

Bingalau 14:52 17 May 06

I have just been looking at an advert for a 1GB SD Card from "7 Day Shop" which seems like a real bargain at the price of £13.29 also it seems VAT is not payable on this item. As I paid far more than that for my 125mb version I am wondering what the catch is? Anybody comment before I rush to buy one?
...Bingalau..

Hyperangelic 15:08 17 May 06

Prices for flash memory have dropped dramatically in the last 18 months - so cards and USB drives are way cheaper than before.

£13.27 appears very cheap however, so I'd be careful to check out what the warranty is on the card - although for that money - it's not too much of a loss. Always remember to keep backups of your data though, and download your photos regularly so that you don't lose too much if it does go kaput.

Stuartli 15:23 17 May 06

7DayShop is a very reliable Geurnsey based online outlet and is able to send goods out up to the value of £18 without VAT.

I've bought quite a considerable amount of computer related items from it over a number of years and have always had fast, excellent service and high quality products.

For instance, the mini digital camera tripod it was selling recently (may still be on offer) for just £2.49 is of remarkable quality for its price (reduced from about £9.99).

By the way, the 256MB Secure Digital card I bought from 7DayShop about 12 months ago cost just under £20 including delivery. That was a good price at that time.

So you can work out for yourself what a bargain the 1MB card proves.

Stuartli 15:24 17 May 06

Sorry, 1GB Secure Digital card.

Otherwise it most certainly wouldn't have been a good buy...:-)

1832bchs 15:28 17 May 06

No catch, I've always bought my memory cards from them and never had a dud one yet.

Demora 16:05 17 May 06

I have one of the 1GB SD Cards in My casio camera and a 2 GB in my Palm T/X. Both from 7dayshop. No problems so far. Used the website for years for all kinds of camera related stuff.

D

Bingalau 16:49 17 May 06

Many thanks once again to Stuartli; Demora;1832bchs and Hyperangelic (I like the name too) I will order one straight away and also have a longer look at their site to see if there's anything else that tickles my fancy. Thanks again for helping me decide but as Hyperangelic says "It's not going to be an awful lot down the pan if it goes wrong". Just hope I haven't got too many irreplaceable pictures on it if it does.

Stuartli 17:21 17 May 06

It won't "go wrong"...:-)

By the way 7DayShop's media buys are pretty good too, especially the Infiniti printable CD-Rs (rebadged Taiyo Yuden media).

Stuartli 16:19 19 May 06

The latest BigPockets e-mail newsletter includes this Ultra X 60 Secure Digital Card 1GB PEAK (MLC):

click here

dagbladet 19:36 19 May 06

Twas sitting on my throne the other day and delved deep into my pile of reading material. I came upon an old Viz magazine/comic. It was about 3 years old. Inside was an advert for either 7dayshop or Dabs, I can't remember which. Anyway they had AMAZING NEW 128mg!!!!! MMC and SD cards for ONLY £119.99!!!!!

Stuartli 20:13 19 May 06

They always were amongst the cheapest sources..:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…