SCSI DVD-ROM

Sir Radfordin™ 10:16 14 Jan 03
  Sir Radfordin™ 10:16 14 Jan 03

I need to source a SCSI DVD-ROM (IDE IS NOT AN OPTION) which will be used just to read a DVD with data on it - not a film.

Only one I've found was at Scan (click here) for £90 so thought I would see if anyone was aware of any others.

I'll repeat again to save anyone wasting time, anything that involves IDE is NOT an option. It MUST BE SCSI.

€dstow 10:54 14 Jan 03

I remember at college using an IDE to SCSI converter. Can't remember any details but it may be cheaper to use one of these and a cheapo DVD drive than use a SCSI DVD.

It was just a PCB with and IDE connector on one side and a SCSI connector on the other together with some electronic bits and a heatsink (I think).

Would one of these be any use - it they're still available?

€d

€dstow 10:56 14 Jan 03

"- if they're still available"

Sorry!

€d

Sir Radfordin™ 11:06 14 Jan 03

€d, its an idea, and one that I'd not overlooked. Problem is this has to go into a hotswap style bay on an old Dell server so not really suitable.

We suggested using a basic PC with a DVD drive, but the boss wants it in the server so we have to please!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…