Screenselect / Lovefilm anyone else getting delays

Widows Son 18:01 25 Oct 06

Since Screenselect disappeared and became fully part of Lovefilm it seems to take the post office an extra day to return dvds to them (coincidence????)

Once they state that they have the dvds back there is another extra delay of a day or two before they post out the next in the list.

Anyone out there using an alternative service that they could recommend?

GaT7 19:05 25 Oct 06

I found Amazon excellent when I tried their free offer click here. Done the ones you mention as well - their free offers anyway ; ), G

GaT7 19:12 25 Oct 06

Another is MyMovieStream which I've yet to try. They currently have a free offer of 6 DVDs over 3-4 weeks click here. G

anskyber 19:47 25 Oct 06

I have used Amazon for about a year now and I cannot speak highly enough of them. I recently changed my TV and the usual offer of 8 free DVD rentals came with it, from Lovefilm.

I found the service to be OK but not as slick as Amazon. The service from Lovefilm is "unlimited" in terms of DVDs in a month but of course the number you get will relate to turn around. I have cancelled Lovefilm following the end of the free period and I shall stick with Amazon.

Vangeliska 20:30 25 Oct 06

I use Tesco which is now using Lovefilm and seems to have slowed right down since then.

mammak 21:44 25 Oct 06

Yes since screenselect changed to Lovefilm there has been a noticeable delay in returns ect,

I also use mymoviestream which were fine up untill the latest despatch 8 days it is since they say they sent me them and I still havent received anything so it might be the Royal mail?

Widows Son 22:57 25 Oct 06

MyMoviestream are being slated click here "Turnaround time is atrocious" etc

mammak 16:01 26 Oct 06

Well I have got to say I emailed mymoviestream last night regarding the missing titles and they have responded already and reposted the titles without argument so you cant get better customer service than that.

Doug29 09:56 30 Oct 06

Being a cheapskate I found a code for a 60 day free trial with Tesco/Lovefilm. Having already had two free trials with Blockbuster I have found that Tesco are about two days slower. Also only two of the three DVDs turned up this morning when the website says all three should be here. The old ones were returned in Thurs post so they have had plenty of time over the weekend. Not the best around but OK for free!

Widow's Son 22:56 01 Nov 06

basically saying sorry and moving payment date back 5 days (basically refunding the mess that was last week) and sending out an extra dvd above my allocation. Providing things improve I'll stay with them. Obviously if they don't I'll close the account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…