Screens, Laptops, Servers and more...

stupeedo 13:30 04 May 04

A few general enquiries:

1) Looking for a pc; want 1GB memory, fast processor (but perhaps not the fastest). Uses: DVDs, music (perhaps simple editing), gaming, photoshopping, web site management/creation, constant internet access ('server' for laptop). no screen.

2) Looking for a laptop; probably want v high specs, gaming, office work, music/dvd when travelling, link to above pc for internet/lan gaming, size isn't vital (but smaller the better, etc).

3) TFT screen, currently use an SM151d, looking to purchase a screen separately - best deal so far is £315 inc delivery for L1710b. Any reccommendations?

Thanks!

byfordr 16:13 04 May 04

Points for all what budget...???

3) What size screen are you after?

byfordr 16:17 04 May 04

3) click here £310 inc del ebuyer £315 Amazon

stupeedo 16:23 04 May 04

...well, like everyone, the best price!

Realistically, I'm thinking around £1000-£1300 for the desktop (without monitor remember) and abotu £1500 for the laptop.

My other consideration was perhaps going to Evesham and speccing up a system but without software/monitor/speakers, and trying to buy the rest online at a cheaper price. I know from experience that part of the monitor/speaker cost is absorbed by the manufacturer when buying a system, so I'm not sure if that will work out.

Speaking of systems, I noticed ALDI have a base unit for sale £749 (I think) with what appeared to be adequate specs...anyone have any experience?

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:43 04 May 04

'Speaking of systems, I noticed ALDI have a base unit for sale £749 (I think) with what appeared to be adequate specs...anyone have any experience?...this is the Medion of which I have one. They come with 512mb of RAM and can be upgraded to 2GB.

click here

click here

G

stupeedo 21:53 05 May 04

are there any pc deals floating around at the moment?

if not, can you reccomend a 17" tft - suitable for movies, gaming, etc.

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…