Scotttish power - overcharge on direct debit

VNAM75 14:52 18 Nov 08

For the past 2 months they have overcharged me, this resulting in me being £100 in credit. I've asked them to reduce the monthly direct debit, which they have from £84 to £40 based on my meter reading. I'm a very low user and £40 (gas and electric)is about right for the winter months.

What are my rights regarding the £100? Can I request they refund me (say £80 and leave £20 in credit) or ask them to put in nil amounts for the next 2 months direct debit payment? I've only been a customer for 2 months and paid by cheque with my previous supplier.

g0nvs 19:22 18 Nov 08

Yes you can, I got a refund from my supplier (£200).It's YOUR money.

VNAM75 20:34 18 Nov 08

OK thanks g0nvs, I will request it.

spuds 11:47 19 Nov 08

One problem with direct debit payments, is the fact that some people are now finding that they are getting into arrears (sometime high) due to frequent price increases.

I have just changed over all my suppliers, and still pay by cash or cheque payments, in which I receive a 3% discount for prompt payments.

wee eddie 13:11 19 Nov 08

was to avoid excessive Winter Bills.

e.g. that a rate was decided that was consistent for all 4 Quarters. Thereby removing the Winter Blip ~ To do this one needs to build up a Credit over the summer!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…