smurffette 16:53 03 Oct 03

Help! I need to buy good scanner which will allow me to make quality enlargements from smaller photos. Would appreciate advice: Epson/hp/Cannon?

Djohn 17:35 03 Oct 03

I can't advise as such, simply because I have not used all the brands available. I have had several unbranded and cheap scanners in the past, all unsatisfactory for various reasons, so not used much.

I now have a Canon LiDE 50 and it's faultless [To me] very fast, quiet and faithful copies. Very rarely use the software, just press the "Copy" button on the front of scanner and the copy is as good as the original. Never out of use now! j.

AndySD 18:20 03 Oct 03

I have used all 3 but since the technology changes so fast its dificult to give a judgement... But I did find the HP the worst I have used.

I use Epson... and would reconend them.

But its also very dependent on the price you wish to pay.

hayeside 19:45 03 Oct 03

Having just had my old Microteck 4800 go belly up on me, I have just bought a CanaScan 8000 from Staples (£200). Lots of dosh but needed good quality colour photo and negative scan for major local project.

Scanning capability is great, sound is quiet and speed good. Machine itself is easy to use, and scanning program very easy to understand with lots of options.

Having problem though with trying to create layers of photos in Adobe Photoshop 2.0 which came bundled.

Depends what you want, but money does buy benefits.

R4 20:06 03 Oct 03

You could try the free photo resize from here click here

it may do what you want without paying out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…