Scanner for Slides and negs

flycatcher1 18:30 06 Nov 07

I am having difficulty using my HP Scanjet 4570c and am thinking of replacing it with the Epson 4490 Photo Scanner.
Would appreciate any comments about my proposed purchase.
Thanks

john bunyan 18:38 06 Nov 07

I think that is a good choice. I now occasionally use my Canon MP 760 and it is quite good. I had (still have, in the loft) a Nikon Coolscan 2 film / slide scanner , but it was SCSI and when I changed computers it went into retirement . If you do a lot of film negative or slide work maybe get a special dedicated scanner but I think you will be happy with the Epson for occaional 35 mm use plus of course it's flatbed use.

jack 10:29 07 Nov 07

A Combi flat bed/film scanner is fine for every day work.
Only those who desire maximum rez for large format printing would consider a dedicated film scanner these days
The Epson is a good choice.

flycatcher1 15:22 10 Dec 07

I have saved myself a hundred quid. My Hp Scanjet 4570c would not work with IE7. Going back to IE6 resolved the problem and I am happily copyng slides to a reasonable (For me) standard. Who says that new means progress ?
Thanks for all comments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…