Scanner - Purchase Selection

Suffolkpunch 15:34 17 Jan 04

I need to replace my Umax Astra4500 which has proved disappointing, and cannot decide between the Canon Canoscan Lide 80 and the recently PCAdv. recommendation of the Visioneer One Touch 9220. I have had earlier basic Visioneer and did not find ease of use at all good. Key requirements are: quality output, slide adaptor, ease of use, cost of operation, initial cost,& speed of operation in that order.

Forum Editor 16:35 17 Jan 04

so can't comment, but I do know the Canon, and it's an excellent performer. Cost of operation? Virtually nothing - scanners don't use enough powewr to keep a mouse warm, and there are obvioulsy no consumables to worry about.

Ease of use - couldn't be easier.

Quality output - certainly

Initial cost - that's a subjective judgment really. Most scanners are pretty good value for money nowadays, especially when you think about what they do.

961 16:46 17 Jan 04

Canon every time

Buy the cheapest one that has the facilities you need

JIM 18:10 17 Jan 04

Canon Canoscan Lide 80 or even the Canon Lide 50. Both fantastic products for quality output and speed. The software supplied package is overkill with a big :))) Very useful and productive, no complaints from myself.

Accept the film/slide adapter on the Lide 80 as per an amateur product! (With very good results) If not required consider the Canon Lide 50.

Follow the simple instructions for installation make sure virus scanning is disabled and any other running programs beforehand.(Connect USB cable as per instuctions)

I have been running an Epson GT9500 scsi scanner for years but the compact range of the Canon Lide 80 and 50 with USB 2 and its price,quality with speed was well worth the purchase for me.

Terrycot 18:05 18 Jan 04

I have a Lide 50 and I am very pleased with it easy to use and provides excellent results, as Jim say's the software is overkill

Demora 23:47 18 Jan 04

I have a Canon Canoscan 3200F (fist canon thing I have owned for 10 year) Best scanner I ever bought (this is my 4th. Black Widow, Agfa Relsys)

The slide/film scanner is really quite good.... I was expecting average results and what I got and enlarged it to 402% in Paintshop Pro 8 was Amazing.. So I bought a Canon Printer. That has been the best

Demora

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…